Saturday, May 20, 2006

One of those Weeks

What a week this has been. We kicked off the week with Bird getting sick on Mother's Day. Sprout followed soon after, then Beo, then myself. Beo mournfully applied an herbicide to the lawn Wednesday night, and woke up ill in the wee hours of the morning. Yesterday as I was lying in my sick bed I got a call from my Mom telling me that my Dad, who just arrived in Thailand to teach a Disaster Mental Health Course for the IRC, had a stroke. My Dad had a stroke in 2002, and apparently has had a number of mini-strokes since then. It's such an awful feeling of helplessness, and much worse when he is on the other side of the world. Thank goodness for trip insurance. He was able to call my Mom and tell her he was having a stroke, then she got in touch with the insurance folks, who got him to the hospital. It's so terrifying to know that someone who is the epitomy of strength in your world, is being laid low by something beyond their control. He seems to be okay, and my Mom is considering going to Thailand to bring him home in a week. Life is keeping me on my toes.

1 comment:

e4 said...

Wow, it sounds like you could use a disaster mental health course at your house. What a week. I hope everybody's health improves!