Sunday, May 21, 2006

Finished Projects

My Dad is doing better. He called twice yesterday and sounded good. He can feed himself but is still having trouble with liquids. They were moving him out of the ICU based on his improvement though, so that's a good sign. My Mom is at peace with waiting to decide whether or not to make the trip to Thailand herself to bring him home. I'm just so grateful that he's okay, and anxious for him to be home. To make things interesting, my sister hit a deer on her way to my Mom's house Friday night, and totaled the front of her car. Apparently it's still operating fine. What next? Hopefully this streak is over.

In the midst of all of this chaos, I've finished a few projects. The first is painting. Below are some pictures of the kitchen. It turned out a lovely turmeric gold. This is Sherwin Williams "Harmony" Zero VOC paint again, in "Ceremonial Gold" The stripes have greatly improved and will require only a bit of touch up now.


I also finished my sister's afghan. This is something I've been working on for 2 years. I did it all freehand, with no pattern, just a concept. I don't think I'll ever take on anything of this scale again. It took me a while to learn how to switch colors, so the beginning isn't as smooth as I'd like, but it's made with love and will keep her cozy in Alaska.

The past couple of days have been strange having it done. I'm used to always having something to work on. I was really hoping to have it done in time to hand deliver it to her in June, but somehow I didn't believe I'd do it. Now I feel like I have idle hands in the evening. No excuse to watch T.V.! I am planning to make another one for my other sister, but I am not ready to take on something that monumental again right now. I have a few unfinished projects sitting in the wings. We'll see if I decide to restart those, pick up something new, or give the needles a break for a while.

1 comment:

e4 said...

Wow, nicely done across the board.