Thursday, March 20, 2008

Spring--I Believe!

Spring, it has sprung. There's no going back now! Every year, I try not to get my hopes up on this, one of my two favorite equinoxes. It's almost impossible though. The sun is shining brightly. I can go outside without a coat and not get frostbite on my way to the mailbox. Bird is bubbling over with enthusiasm and shouting: "Welcome, Spring!" out the window of the car. Now this--an actual flower peeking up out of the bleak gardens of winter, hinting at the transformations just around warmer corners. I am a purple woman at heart, but the radiant sunshine of these blooming bulbs seems simply perfect on a day like today. What's more, Beo and I celebrate our anniversary on March 20th, which adds to the feeling of overall happiness, joy, renewal--even after nine whole years. (Y'all are invited to our 10 year anniversary party next year. I can promise good music and good veggie lasagna!) It's all too much to ignore that the winter doldrums will soon be a thing of the past. So I'm jumping in. I believe! Spring is here! We even get to attend a party tomorrow where we're going to welcome in Spring with good food, drums, and loads of happy kids. Welcome, Spring! Now repeat after me dear readers: "The 7 inches of snow predicted for tomorrow will NOT come..."

No comments: